College Scholarship Application
Each $2,500 scholarship is renewable for three more years. Applications are due in February, with winners announced at the honors assembly in May. See your college counselor for more details.
Criteria for Selection
- ACT score – reported and included in application – no minimum score required.
- Grade Point Average – transcript included weighted transcript. Include rank in class.
- Two teacher recommendations – written letters of recommendation for student based on academic achievement.
- Typed Essay – written by the student on “What More Could You Do” based on the possibility of stretching your goals if you receive this scholarship.
- EFC (Expected Family Contribution) as indicated on your form FAFSA Student Aid Report – report included.
- Attendance report from Affton High School office – based on four years of high school.
- Citizenship requirement.
- Discipline report from Affton High School office through 7th Semester – no suspensions.
- Leadership Component – list activities in and out of school including offices held. This can also be included on resume. Include recognition and achievement in Athletics; recognitions, grades and achievements in the Visual or Performing Arts; and activities responsibility, and recognition for Community Service.
- Resume – see example.
- College Acceptance – copies of letter or e-mail acceptance to an accredited four year college, university or school of choice.
Place the above in a folder with your name prominently secured on the fron cover. Your resume should be the first document in the folder. The application must be complete. All information must be submitted in the application form.